Skip to Content
You searched for
Search
Subject Buildings Remove constraint Subject: Buildings

Search Constraints

Search Results

    • 1930s

    This garage was the first location of the National Inking Appliance Company, founded by the National Postal Meter Company in 1934 to manufacture the new, nonclogging inking device invented by Arnold O. Beckman. This…

    • 1950
    • 1940
    • 1934 – 1935
    • 1946
    • Undated
    • 1949

    A Pasadena garage was the first home of the National Postal Meter Company, founded by Arnold Beckman in 1934. The company soon became National Technical Laboratories, with a focus on pH meters. In 1935, the company…

    • 1940s

    This building at 820 Mission Street was the first built exclusively for National Technical Laboratories in 1940.

    • 1953
    • Undated
    • 1955
    • 1943

    In 1954, Beckman Instruments' headquarters moved from Pasadena to Fullerton, California.

    Some photos are undated, but the ones with dates were taken between 1943 and 1953. Several have a photographer's stamp on the…

    • 1950-May

    This series of photographs depicts the aftermath of a fire that swept through the National Technical Laboratories building in South Pasadena. Most are unattributed, but Hank Hoag is identified as the photographer in one…

    • 1950s

    Berkeley Scientific Corporation was founded in 1945 and acquired by Beckman in 1952. The company manufactured high-speed electronic counters and radioactivity instruments, and the Berkeley name was retained for the…

    • circa 1950

    This is Helipot Corporation's Meridian Avenue location.

    The Helipot Corporation was founded during World War II by Arnold O. Beckman of Beckman Instruments (at that time still National Technical Laboratories) to keep…

    • 1952
    • 1954
    • Undated

    In 1954, Beckman Instruments' headquarters moved from Pasadena to Fullerton.

    Various photographs bear numbers, production notes, and photographer's stamps.

    • circa 1953

    Arnold O. Beckman, Inc. was founded during World War II to handle the development of a secret project: an oxygen meter designed by Linus Pauling for the National Defense Research Committee. Pauling and the NDRC…

    • 1953
    • 1955
    • 1956

    Photographs depict Beckman Instruments' first overseas facility and views of the company's Freimanerstrasse property prior to commencement of construction in 1956.

    • after 1953

    Beckman Instruments, GmbH, the first overseas subsidiary of Beckman Instruments, was established in Munich, Germany in 1953.

    • 1966
    • Undated
    • 1954
    • circa 1975

    In 1954, Beckman Instruments' headquarters moved from Pasadena to Fullerton, California.

    The images with dates inscribed on the back indicate that they were taken between 1954 and 1975, although some images are…

    • 1956

    The dedication ceremony pictured in several images in this set was held in 1956, when the building reached its ultimate height and trees were lifted to celebrate the construction milestone. Other photographs depict the…

    • 1957-Oct

    Helipot was a division of Beckman Instruments, Inc., and manufactured potentiometers and other electronic components. Arnold O. Beckman (founder of Beckman Instruments) is at center. The other men in this photograph are…

    • 1958
    • 1960
    • 1962
    • 1959
    • Undated
    • 1967-Jun

    Beckman's Glenrothes plant was originally built in 1958; a second phase of construction was completed in 1962. The plant closed in 1991.

    Identified individuals include Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Cyprion Bridge,…

    • 1965-Feb

    This location housed at least one of the Berkeley Division's offices.

    • Undated
    • 1968

    The Amsterdam photograph (2012-002_1157) is dated to 1968; the Mijdrecht photograph (2012-002_1158) is undated.

    • 1968 – 1989

    Beckman Instruments, G.m.b.H. was established in 1968. The pictured Viennese estate was initially shared by Beckman Instruments and the family of manager Ulf Daum, but as the company expanded the Daums relocated. The…

    • circa 1998
    • 1970s

    Beckman established its first Swiss corporation, Beckman Instruments International, S.A., in Geneva in 1960. Beckman Instruments (Process) S.A. was established in 1972.

    The photograph with the Beckman Coulter sign…

    • Undated
    • 1974-Jul-12

    Between the 1970s and its closure in 1996, the Beckman Biotechnology Facility in Irvine facility was the site of research on hepatitis, monoclonal antibodies, and HIV screening.

    • Undated
    • 1975

    Beckman acquired Specialized Instruments Corporation in 1955 and entered the centrifuge market. In 2007, the company moved its centrifuge business from Palo Alto to Indianapolis, Indiana.

    One photograph bears a stamp;…

    • Undated
    • 1992-May
    • 1976-May
    • 1992-Jun

    The photographs, most unattributed, depict various Coulter Corporation facilities and an undated map of locations worldwide.

    Wallace and Joseph Coulter founded the Coulter Corporation to market Coulter Counters,…

    • circa 1979 – circa 1980

    Based upon a sticker on the reverse of the image, the contact sheet is attributed to Karjalas' Photo Vision. The Polaroid images are unattributed.

    The Clinical Instruments Division of Beckman Instruments opened the…

    • 1981-Feb

    Parking lot and front entrance of the Beckman Instruments, Inc. plant in St. Louis, Missouri during the winter.

    • circa 1985

    The black and white photograph is dated to 1985. The color photograph bears an illegible photographer's stamp and is identified as Beckman RIIC Ltd. Sales and Service Operation.