John W. Johnstone begins the interview with a description of his childhood days in the boroughs of New York City. While in high school, he was encouraged by John McManus to study chemistry. After graduating from Far…
- Interviewee Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011
- Interviewer Traynham, James D.
- Subject Chemists--Biography, Executives, Hooker Chemicals & Plastics Corp., Olin Corporation, Businesspeople, Chemical industry, Businesspeople--Biography, Chemists, Airco, Inc., Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011, and Executives--Biography
J. Roger Hirl begins the interview with a discussion of his early life and education. Hirl grew up in Iowa and Minnesota. After graduating from high school, Hirl attended the University of Iowa, earning his B.L.S. in…
- Interviewee Hirl, J. Roger, 1931-
- Interviewer Traynham, James G.
- Subject Executives, Hirl, J. Roger, 1931-, New York (State)--Niagara Falls--Love Canal Chemical Waste Landfill, Olin Corporation, Businesspeople, Occidental Chemical (Firm), Chemical industry, Businesspeople--Biography, Executives--Biography, and Olin Mathieson Chemical Corporation
Willis Humphreys begins the interview by describing how he came to work at National Technical Laboratories [NTL] on 31 March 1938. Before joining NTL, Humphreys worked for a small company in Pasadena, California, but…
- 2004-Nov-19 (First session)
- 2004-Nov-20 (Second session)
Masao Horiba begins the interview by discussing his childhood experiences in Japan during the 1920s and 1930s. Horiba suffered from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and spent much of his childhood listening to music, and…
- 2009-Sep-24 (First session)
- 2009-Nov-23 (Second session)
- 2010-Feb-27 (Third session)
- 2010-Jun-28 (Fourth session)
Herman Fialkov was born in 1922 and grew up in Brooklyn, New York. Herman attended City College of New York, studying engineering. He left college to take a job with Emerson Radio Corporation attending night school at…
- Interviewee Fialkov, Herman, 1922-2012
- Interviewer Ulrych, Richard and Brock, David C.
- Subject Engineers, New business enterprises, Engineers--Biography, Entrepreneurship, Semiconductors, Businesspeople, Electronic industries, General Instrument Corporation, Rock, Arthur, 1926-, Fialkov, Herman, 1922-2012, and Businesspeople--Biography