Nathalie Dusoulier begins her interview by discussing her family background and education. She recounts how she started working in information science from her background in pharmacology. She then speaks about her…
- Interviewee Dusoulier, Nathalie, 1927-2010
- Interviewer Rayward, W. Boyd
- Subject Centre national de la recherche scientifique (France), Women in science, Desoulier, Nathalie, 1927-2010, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, United Nations, Institut de l'information scientifique et technique (France), Pharmacologists, Pharmacology, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Women in information science, and Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing
Jacques-Emile Dubois begins the interview with a discussion of his family and early education. He discusses his paternal grandfather's and father's roles in World War I and his family's influence, his father's in…
- Interviewee Dubois, J. E. (Jaques-Emile), 1920-
- Interviewer Burke, Colin B.
- Subject Dubois, J. E. (Jaques-Emile), 1920-, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, CODATA, Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Physical scientists, Physical sciences, Universität des Saarlandes, and Université de Paris
Melvin Day begins the interview with a discussion of his family and childhood years in Boston. Day grew up during the Depression and often worked in his father's oil company after school to help ends meet. Day attended…
- Interviewee Day, Melvin S., 1923-2013
- Interviewer Williams, Robert V.
- Subject United States. National Technical Information Service, Abstracting, M. Day Consulting, United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, Chemistry--Research, Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing, National Library of Medicine (U.S.), National Science Foundation (U.S.), U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Chemists--Biography, Chemists, and Chemistry--Nomenclature
Dale Baker begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and family background. Inspired by a high school teacher, Baker decided to major in chemical engineering upon entering Ohio State University in 1938,…
- Interviewee Baker, Dale B.
- Interviewer Slater, Leo Barney, 1963- and Williams, Robert V.
- Subject Garfield, Eugene, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Chemical engineering, Baker, Dale B., American Chemical Society, Chemical engineers, Chemists--Biography, National Federation of Science Abstracting and Indexing Services, Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Nomenclature, American Chemical Society. Chemical Abstracts Service, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, and Chemistry--Research