Eugene Garfield begins the interview with a discussion of The Johns Hopkins University Welch Library indexing project. Garfield joined this project in 1951, during which he became involved in machine methods for…
- Interviewee Garfield, Eugene, 1925-2017
- Interviewer Williams, Robert V.
- Subject Citation indexes, Garfield, Eugene, 1925-2017, Information science, Communication in science, Technology--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Information scientists, Humanities--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Notation, Information scientists--Biography, and Science--Abstracting and indexing
Eugene Garfield begins this interview by recalling his youth in New York, his family background and early education. He describes his interest in the West, his first jobs in Colorado and California, and his brief…
- Interviewee Garfield, Eugene
- Interviewer Thackray, Arnold, 1939- and Sturchio, Jeffrey L. (Jeffrey Louis), 1952-
- Subject Information science, Citation indexes, Communication in science, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Garfield, Eugene, Science--Abstracting and indexing, Technology--Abstracting and indexing, Information scientists--Biography, Humanities--Abstracting and indexing, Institute for Scientific Information, Chemistry--Notation, and Information scientists
In this letter, James C. Sternberg discusses details for Guinn's participation in a Technical Roundtable.
Vincent P. Guinn (1917-2002) was a chemist who began studying radiochemistry at the Oak Ridge Institute. He…