- 2009-Dec-09 (First session)
- 2009-Dec-10 (Second session)
Frank H. Field was raised in Cliffside Park, New Jersey, by an aunt, an uncle, and a grandmother. He entered Duke University, placing a year ahead in chemistry, but had very little money. To meet his expenses he worked…
- Interviewee Field, F. H. (Frank Henry), 1922-
- Interviewer Grayson, Michael A.
- Subject Humble Oil and Refining Company (Incorporated in Tex.), Esso Research and Engineering Company, Chemical apparatus, Ionization, Chemists--Biography, Franklin, J. L. (Joseph Louis), 1906-, Mass spectrometry, Rockefeller University, Chromatographic analysis, Chemists, Field, F. H. (Frank Henry), 1922-, and Consolidated Engineering Corporation
Henry Earle Lumpkin in his office at the Exxon Research and Engineering Company laboratory in Baytown, Texas. Lumpkin is seated at his desk using an Friden electromechanical desktop calculator. Lumpkin's collection of…
Henry Earle Lumpkin (center) receiving a pin commemorating twenty years of service at Humble-Esso, later Exxon. Dr. Sarmiento, Division Head at Humble-Esso, is present at left, while Lumpkin's wife, Mrs. O'Dell K.…