John W. Johnstone begins the interview with a description of his childhood days in the boroughs of New York City. While in high school, he was encouraged by John McManus to study chemistry. After graduating from Far…
- Interviewee Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011
- Interviewer Traynham, James D.
- Subject Chemists--Biography, Executives, Hooker Chemicals & Plastics Corp., Olin Corporation, Businesspeople, Chemical industry, Businesspeople--Biography, Chemists, Airco, Inc., Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011, and Executives--Biography
J. Roger Hirl begins the interview with a discussion of his early life and education. Hirl grew up in Iowa and Minnesota. After graduating from high school, Hirl attended the University of Iowa, earning his B.L.S. in…
- Interviewee Hirl, J. Roger, 1931-
- Interviewer Traynham, James G.
- Subject Executives, Hirl, J. Roger, 1931-, New York (State)--Niagara Falls--Love Canal Chemical Waste Landfill, Olin Corporation, Businesspeople, Occidental Chemical (Firm), Chemical industry, Businesspeople--Biography, Executives--Biography, and Olin Mathieson Chemical Corporation
- 2004-Nov-19 (First session)
- 2004-Nov-20 (Second session)
Masao Horiba begins the interview by discussing his childhood experiences in Japan during the 1920s and 1930s. Horiba suffered from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and spent much of his childhood listening to music, and…