Eugene Garfield begins this interview by recalling his youth in New York, his family background and early education. He describes his interest in the West, his first jobs in Colorado and California, and his brief…
- Interviewee Garfield, Eugene
- Interviewer Thackray, Arnold, 1939- and Sturchio, Jeffrey L. (Jeffrey Louis), 1952-
- Subject Information science, Citation indexes, Communication in science, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Garfield, Eugene, Science--Abstracting and indexing, Technology--Abstracting and indexing, Information scientists--Biography, Humanities--Abstracting and indexing, Institute for Scientific Information, Chemistry--Notation, and Information scientists
Dale Baker begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and family background. Inspired by a high school teacher, Baker decided to major in chemical engineering upon entering Ohio State University in 1938,…
- Interviewee Baker, Dale B.
- Interviewer Slater, Leo Barney, 1963- and Williams, Robert V.
- Subject Garfield, Eugene, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Chemical engineering, Baker, Dale B., American Chemical Society, Chemical engineers, Chemists--Biography, National Federation of Science Abstracting and Indexing Services, Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Nomenclature, American Chemical Society. Chemical Abstracts Service, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, and Chemistry--Research
Saul Herner begins the interview with a discussion of his childhood and family background. He grew up in New York, and attended the University of Wisconsin, where he received a B.S. in biochemistry in 1945. In 1946,…