Bernard Fields begins the interview with a discussion of his early years, growing up in Brooklyn, New York. Fields was encouraged by his parents to excel in scholastic endeavors. After graduating high school at the age…
- Interviewee Fields, Bernard N.
- Interviewer Schlesinger, Sondra
- Subject Molecular biology, Biochemistry, National Communicable Disease Center (U.S.), Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Virology--Research, Fields, Bernard N., Harvard Medical School, Microbiology, Biochemists, Microbiologists, Immunology, Virology, and Biology
- 1987-Dec-15 (First session)
- 1988-Jan-06 (Second session)
Mildred Cohn begins the interview by reflecting on her childhood, education, and family life, describing how she was prepared to enter college by age fourteen. She then discusses her undergraduate experience at Hunter…
- Interviewee Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Biochemistry, University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine, Women in science, Women chemists, Women biochemists, Cornell University, Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, Biochemists, George Washington University, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, American Society of Biological Chemists, Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009, Du Vigneaud, Vincent, 1901-1978, and Harvard Medical School
- 2002-Nov-22 (Third session)
- 1991-May-30 (First session)
- 2002-Sep-13 (Second session)
Elkan R. Blout begins the interview with a description of his family and childhood. Growing up in Manhattan as an only child, Blout was cared for by his parents, aunts, and uncles. He attended DeWitt Clinton High…
- Interviewee Blout, E. R. (Elkan Rogers), 1919-2006
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Land, Edwin H., 1909-1991, Woodward, R. B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979, Blout, E. R. (Elkan Rogers), 1919-2006, Chemists--Biography, Columbia University, Harvard School of Public Health, Polaroid Corporation, Children's Hospital Medical Center (Boston, Mass.), and Harvard Medical School
- circa 1940
Photograph of Lawrence H. Henderson (1878-1942). Henderson was a professor of biological chemistry at Harvard University and founder of the Laboratory of Physical Chemistry at Harvard Medical School, as well as the…