Skip to Content
You searched for
Search
Subject Laboratories Remove constraint Subject: Laboratories

Search Constraints

Search Results

    • 1963

    Installation of the Mass Spectrometer 9 (MS-9) at the Humble Oil and Refining Company Research and Development Division laboratory located in Baytown, Texas. Present in the photograph are, from left, Henry Earle Lumpkin…

    • 1962 – 1963

    General view of employees at work in the Analytical Laboratory at the Dearborn Chemical Company's 35th Street laboratory facility located in Chicago, Illinois. The two employees visible in the foreground of the…

    • 1961-Jun-02

    Group photograph of Aeronautical Materials Laboratory staff members (from left) J. Hartley Bowen, Jr. (Technical Director); Martin J. Devine; and E. Robert Lamson. Assorted machinery, as well as a sign for the…

    • circa 1960-Jul

    General view of research assistant Evelyn Kieffer using a reactor flask to analyze an unidentified substance in a laboratory at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Brunswick, Georgia. One of two Hercules plants…

    • circa 1960-Jul

    General view of technician Mary Moffit using an infrared spectrophotometer to analyze a sample of the insect repellent Metadelphene in a laboratory at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Brunswick, Georgia. Per…

    • 1950s – circa

    General view of Clyde Moe operating an electron microscope in the Dow Chemical Company's Metallurgical Laboratory. Electron microscopes use a beam of accelerated electrons as a source of illumination and have a higher…

    • 1950s

    General view of an unidentified employee using an Atlas Weather-O-Meter in the Dow Chemical Company's Coatings Technical Service department, which developed a range of materials used to improve the performance of paints…

    • 1950s

    General view of chemist Delores Horne analyzing the active constituent of a weed killer in the Dow Chemical Company's Analytical Laboratory located in Midland, Michigan. Per a notation accompanying the photograph, Ms.…

    • 1950s

    General view of an employee at work in an unidentified Dow Chemical Company facility, possibly the Automotive Research Laboratory. A series of storage tanks with connecting electrical wires and rubber tubes are visible…

    • circa 1958

    General view of the Aircraft Grease Development and Test Area at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory showing assorted apparatus and glassware containing samples for testing. The individuals…

    • 1958

    General view of the simulated aircraft system at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory used to evaluate experimental hydraulic fluids. A worker is seen seated in the foreground examining…

    • 1958

    View of two technicians using assorted apparatus to determine the electrical resistivity of high polymers at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory. At the laboratory, assorted equipment was…

    • 1958

    General view of the Plastics Testing area at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory. Technicians are seen working with assorted equipment used to simulate various service conditions and test…

    • 1958

    General view of machinery used to conduct endurance tests of high-temperature (400 degrees Fahrenheit), high-pressure (3000psi) aircraft hydraulic pump at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials…

    • 1958

    View of a technician at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory using an unidentified apparatus to create a constant humidity condition in order to evaluate experimental humidity indicators. At…

    • 1958

    View of two technicians using assorted apparatus to evaluate the electrical resistivity of high polymers at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory. At the laboratory, assorted equipment was…

    • circa 1958

    The IR-7 was first produced by Beckman Intruments, Inc. in 1958, building on more than a decade of development of infrared spectrophotometers. The IR-7 continued the line of double-beam instruments, begun by the IR-4…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of glassblower Bill Schwartz applying internal pressure to fuse and close the end of a small vacuum-jacketed column in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of shop foreman Ken Altman (left) and Francis Parkinson, Jr. examining assorted glassware produced in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of glassblower Joe Skalnican using an automatic calibrating machine to apply calibration marks to a piece of glass manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925,…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of apprentice Carl Goetz blowing out a distillation head of a glass tube manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible for the…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of Wayne Doehring placing a glass polymerizer into the annealing furnace in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible for the fabrication and…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of Merlyn Smith molding a flange on a six-inch pipe manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible for the fabrication and repair of…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of Bill Pahl alternately heating and compressing a glass tube, part of a semi-microfractionation column manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the…

    • 1957-Oct-02

    General view of Dick Kowalczyk welding a side arm onto a glass polymerizer manufactured in the Dow Chemical Company's Glass Fabrication department. Founded in 1925, the department was responsible for the fabrication and…