The interview begins with Edward Donley describing his early years growing up on his family's farm and attending a one-room schoolhouse. After graduating from high school, Donley joined the Civilian Conservation Corps…
- Interviewee Donley, Edward, 1921-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Mechanical engineering, Donley, Edward, 1921-, American Standard, Inc., Air Products and Chemicals, inc., Oxygen, Mechanical engineers, Hydrogen, Continental Aviation and Engineering Company, Pool, Leonard Parker, 1906-1975, and Liquid oxygen
Julius Blank begins the interview with a look at his childhood and early education. He graduated high school at the age of fifteen and began taking classes at the City College of New York while working various jobs.…
- Interviewee Blank, Julius
- Interviewer Brock, David C.
- Subject Crystal growth, Moore, Gordon E., 1929-, Noyce, Robert N. (Robert Norton), 1927-1990, Shockley Semiconductor Laboratory, Electronic industries, Integrated circuits--Very large scale integration, Shockley, William, 1910-1989, Fairchild (Firm), Microelectronics industry, Mechanical engineers, Semiconductor industry, and Blank, Julius
Dexter Baker begins the interview by discussing his childhood and early education in the suburbs of Philadelphia. After graduating from Upper Darby High in 1945, Baker was drafted into the US Navy and admitted to the…
Depicts Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, awarded the first Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of X-rays, along with an X-ray tube and an atom.