John W. Johnstone begins the interview with a description of his childhood days in the boroughs of New York City. While in high school, he was encouraged by John McManus to study chemistry. After graduating from Far…
- Interviewee Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011
- Interviewer Traynham, James D.
- Subject Chemists--Biography, Executives, Hooker Chemicals & Plastics Corp., Olin Corporation, Businesspeople, Chemical industry, Businesspeople--Biography, Chemists, Airco, Inc., Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011, and Executives--Biography
J. Roger Hirl begins the interview with a discussion of his early life and education. Hirl grew up in Iowa and Minnesota. After graduating from high school, Hirl attended the University of Iowa, earning his B.L.S. in…
- Interviewee Hirl, J. Roger, 1931-
- Interviewer Traynham, James G.
- Subject Executives, Hirl, J. Roger, 1931-, New York (State)--Niagara Falls--Love Canal Chemical Waste Landfill, Olin Corporation, Businesspeople, Occidental Chemical (Firm), Chemical industry, Businesspeople--Biography, Executives--Biography, and Olin Mathieson Chemical Corporation
William Hanford begins the interview with a discussion of the importance of teamwork and the influence of Roger Adams in his career. He then continues on to his family background and youth. His high school chemistry…
- Interviewee Hanford, William E., 1908-1996
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Carothers, Wallace Hume, 1896-1937, Olin Corporation, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, Polymers, M. W. Kellogg Company, Chemistry, Organic, Chemists--Biography, Hanford, William E., 1908-1996, General Aniline & Film Corporation, and Chemists