Kenneth E. Manchester was drafted after high school to serve in World War II and later attended San Jose State University. Manchester then completed a Ph.D. in chemistry at Stanford University under the supervision of…
- 2009-Sep-24 (First session)
- 2009-Nov-23 (Second session)
- 2010-Feb-27 (Third session)
- 2010-Jun-28 (Fourth session)
Herman Fialkov was born in 1922 and grew up in Brooklyn, New York. Herman attended City College of New York, studying engineering. He left college to take a job with Emerson Radio Corporation attending night school at…
- Interviewee Fialkov, Herman, 1922-2012
- Interviewer Ulrych, Richard and Brock, David C.
- Subject Engineers, New business enterprises, Engineers--Biography, Entrepreneurship, Semiconductors, Businesspeople, Electronic industries, General Instrument Corporation, Rock, Arthur, 1926-, Fialkov, Herman, 1922-2012, and Businesspeople--Biography
- circa 1964 – 1968
Used to create silicon ingots for use in the semiconductor industry, this crystal puller consists of two main parts, the furnace and the puller: the furnace is cylindrical and located at the bottom of the instrument, it…
Color print magazine advertisement for Fairchild watches. This ad appeared in The New York Times Magazine, November 20, 1975.