In this interview Dr. Frank Mayo first discusses his educational career as an undergraduate and graduate student at the University of Chicago. He then traces his professional career as a research chemist with Du Pont,…
- Interviewee Mayo, Frank R. (Rea), 1908-1987
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject General Electric Company. Research Laboratory, Mayo, Frank R. (Rea), 1908-1987, United States Rubber Company, Kharasch, M. S. (Morris Selig), 1895-1957, Stanford Research Institute, University of Chicago, Chemists--Biography, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, and Chemists
Herbert C. Brown studied at Crane Junior College, where he became fascinated by chemistry and its history; when Crane closed down, Brown was among the students invited to work in Nicholas D. Cheronis' Synthetical…
The informal report drafted by a University of Chicago team, regarding contract OEMsr-79, documented efforts to record chemical warfare agents using sensitized paper tape. The report includes one such strip…
- Author Ballweber, Edward G., Pearson, Donald E., Brown, Weldon G., Wilzbach, Kenneth E., Nicolaides, Nicholas, Remington, William R., and Stell, Robert J.
- Subject Phosgene, United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development. National Defense Research Committee, Cyanogen compounds, University of Chicago, Hydrocyanic acid, Mustard gas, Gases--Analysis, Chemical agents (Munitions), and Chemical warfare