The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Biochemistry, Nobel Prize winners, Biosynthesis, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Cholesterol, Human Genome Project, Harvard University, University of Oxford, Biochemists, Cholesterol--Synthesis, Chemistry, Organic, and Columbia University
Letter between Robert S. Mulliken and Harrison Shull, American quantum chemists, concerning planning for an upcoming meeting on Molecular Quantum Mechanics.
- Author Mulliken, Robert Sanderson
- Addressee Shull, Harrison
- Subject Chemists, Coulson, C. A. (Charles Alfred), 1910-1974, Matsen, F.A. (Frederick Albert), 1914-, Physicists, Longuet-Higgins, H. Christopher, Biochemists, University of Oxford, Shull, Harrison, Chemistry, Physical and theoretical, Mulliken, Robert Sanderson, Nobel Prize winners, and Quantum theory
Letter between Harrison Shull and Robert S. Mulliken, American quantum chemists, concerning travel plans for Mulliken and colleagues.
- Author Shull, Harrison
- Addressee Mulliken, Robert Sanderson
- Subject Chemists, Coulson, C. A. (Charles Alfred), 1910-1974, Matsen, F.A. (Frederick Albert), 1914-, Physicists, Biochemists, University of Oxford, National Research Council (U.S.), Shull, Harrison, Hirschfelder, Joseph O., 1911-1990, Mulliken, Robert Sanderson, National Academy of Sciences (U.S.), and Nobel Prize winners