This interview with James R. Fair begins with a discussion of Fair's childhood in the Midwest, highlighting high-school experiences in Little Rock, Arkansas, and early interests in science. Fair attended The Citadel as…
- Interviewee Fair, James R., 1920-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Styrene, Monsanto Chemical Company, High Flyer (Ship), Disasters, Chemical engineering, Fires, Chemical engineers, Fair, James R., 1920-, Texas--Texas City, Grandcamp (Ship), Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), Ethylene, University of Texas at Austin, and Shell Development Company
- 1987-Dec-15 (First session)
- 1988-Jan-06 (Second session)
Mildred Cohn begins the interview by reflecting on her childhood, education, and family life, describing how she was prepared to enter college by age fourteen. She then discusses her undergraduate experience at Hunter…
- Interviewee Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Biochemistry, University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine, Women in science, Women chemists, Women biochemists, Cornell University, Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, Biochemists, George Washington University, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, American Society of Biological Chemists, Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009, Du Vigneaud, Vincent, 1901-1978, and Harvard Medical School