Search within featured Health & Medicine items
You Searched ForStart Over You searched for: Department Center for Oral History Remove constraint Department: Center for Oral History Rights In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted Remove constraint Rights: In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted Subject Biochemistry Remove constraint Subject: Biochemistry
David Golde begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and education in Bayonne, New Jersey. In high school, Golde developed an interest in medicine, which was stimulated by his biology teacher. He…
- Interviewee Golde, David W., 1940-2004
- Interviewer Wolfe, Audra J.
- Subject Biochemists, Biology, Microbiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Biochemistry, Golde, David W., 1940-2004, Cornell University, University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco. School of Medicine, Virology, Virology--Research, Microbiologists
Marion David Francis begins his interview with a discussion of his childhood in Canada. Deeply influenced by his industrious parents and siblings, Francis worked his way through high school and college at a logging…
Bernard Fields begins the interview with a discussion of his early years, growing up in Brooklyn, New York. Fields was encouraged by his parents to excel in scholastic endeavors. After graduating high school at the age…
- Interviewee Fields, Bernard N.
- Interviewer Schlesinger, Sondra
- Subject Molecular biology, Virology--Research, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Fields, Bernard N., Harvard Medical School, Immunology, National Communicable Disease Center (U.S.), Virology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Biochemists, Microbiologists
- 1987-Dec-15 (First session)
- 1988-Jan-06 (Second session)
Mildred Cohn begins the interview by reflecting on her childhood, education, and family life, describing how she was prepared to enter college by age fourteen. She then discusses her undergraduate experience at Hunter…
- Interviewee Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Women biochemists, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine, Du Vigneaud, Vincent, 1901-1978, Biochemistry, Harvard Medical School, Cornell University, Women chemists, Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, American Society of Biological Chemists, Women in science, Biochemists, George Washington University
The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject University of Oxford, Biosynthesis, Biochemists, Human Genome Project, Cholesterol, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Organic, Harvard University, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Columbia University, Nobel Prize winners, Cholesterol--Synthesis, Nutrition