Search within featured Portraits and People items
Mexican postage stamp issued to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Instituto Politécnico Nacional de México (the National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico) on January 1, 1936. Established during the…
- Creator Of Work Mexico. Dirección General de Talleres de Impresión de Estampillas y Valores
- Subject Commemorative postage stamps, Mexico, Postage stamps, Science on postage stamps, Instituto Politécnico Nacional (Mexico), Women in science, Scientific apparatus and instruments, Science--Study and teaching
- 1965-Feb-18 (Date of issue)
Mexican postage stamp commemorating the 200th anniversary of the birth of Spanish-Mexican scientist, engineer, and naturalist Andrés Manuel del Río (1764-1849) best known for his discovery of compounds of vanadium in…
Depicts Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, awarded the first Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of X-rays, along with an X-ray tube and an atom.
Cachet depicts a light beam passing through a prism to create a spectrum. Stamp depicts colors of the spectrum. The 15th Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale was held May 26-30, 1969 in Madrid, Spain.
Stamp printed by the Republic of Cuba, depicting Marie and Pierre Curie. The 40th anniversary of the discovery of radium by Marie and Pierre Curie was commemorated in France in 1938 with the release of a semipostal…
- Artist La Nézière, Joseph de
- Engraver Piel, Jules
- Subject Women in science, Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, Women physicists, Cuba, Women in physics, Women scientists, Chemists, International Union against Cancer, Women chemists, Curie, Pierre, 1859-1906, Science on postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women in chemistry, Physicists, Postage stamps, Commemorative postage stamps, Women Nobel Prize winners
Depicts Albert Einstein with his formula for special relativity, along with a rocket. Stamp was part of a series that also included Newton, Copernicus, and Galileo.