Search within featured Science On Stamps items
You Searched ForStart Over You searched for: Language English Remove constraint Language: English Rights In Copyright Remove constraint Rights: In Copyright
Depicts Justus von Liebig, known for his work in agricultural and organic chemistry.
Stamps depict Niels Bohr, the equation for the Bohr frequency condition (an equation relating to light frequency and electrons), and a diagram of the Bohr model of a hydrogen atom.
Depicts awardees of the 1901 Nobel Prizes: Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen in Physics, Sully Prudhomme in Literature, Emil von Behring in Physiology or Medicine, and Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff in Chemistry.
- Artist Åsberg, Stig, 1909-1968
- Engraver Wallhorn, Arne
- Subject Postage stamps, Röntgen, Wilhelm Conrad, 1845-1923, Hoff, J. H. van 't (Jacobus Henricus), 1852-1911, Behring, Emil von, 1854-1917, Postmarks, Commemorative postage stamps, Science on postage stamps, Sully Prudhomme, 1839-1907, Nobel Prize winners, Cachets (Philately), First day covers (Philately)
- 1922 – 1936
Nine small postage stamps in various denominations issued in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Louis Pasteur in 1922. The large semipostal stamp was issued in 1936 and includes a surtax for the…
Depicts William Wrigley Jr., as well as a worker tapping a sapodilla tree, which was used to manufacture bubble gum. Includes the bicentennial logo of the American Revolution.
Cachet depicts Frederick Banting and Charles Best with a description of how they isolated and refined insulin as an independent hormone.
- Artist Ray Webber
- Contributor British American Bank Note Company
- Subject Postage stamps, Best, Charles Herbert, 1899-1978, University of Toronto, Commemorative postage stamps, Banting, Frederick Grant, Sir, 1891-1941, Science on postage stamps, Canada, Nobel Prize winners, Medical scientists, Cachets (Philately), First day covers (Philately), Physicians
Cachet includes two depictions of Lord Rutherford and text, "World Famous Scientist Pioneering in Radioactivity and Nuclear Physics." The research program in the field of radioactivity undertaken by Rutherford at…
Cachet depicts a tree-lined street. On left side of stamp, a patient is shown receiving radium treatments, while a portrait of Marie Curie is depicted on the right.
- Contributor India Posts and Telegraphs
- Printer India Security Press
- Subject Women in science, Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, Radium--Therapeutic use, India, Women scientists, Chemists, Commemorative postage stamps, Women chemists, Science on postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women in chemistry, Cachets (Philately), Physicists, Postage stamps, Women physicists, Women in physics, First day covers (Philately), Women Nobel Prize winners
Stamp depicts a profile of Marie Curie along with various scientific instruments.
- Artist Lambert, Perrette
- Engraver Pheulpin, Jean
- Subject Women in science, Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, Women physicists, Monaco, Women in physics, Women scientists, Chemists, Commemorative postage stamps, Women chemists, Science on postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women in chemistry, Physicists, Postage stamps, Women Nobel Prize winners
UNESCO stamp depicting Albert Einstein and his formula for mass-energy equivalence.
English postage stamp commemorating Walter Norman Haworth's 1937 Nobel Prize in Chemistry and the 100th anniversary of the Royal Institute of Chemistry
While celebrating its centenary in 1977, the Royal Institute of Chemistry of Great Britain shared honors with English Nobel prize winners in chemistry and physics. This stamp commemorates W. N. Haworth's receipt of the…
Stamp was issued on the occasion of a Natural Rubber Conference held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in 1968. It depicts a space-filling model of isoprene and a representation of the traditional way of collecting natural…