Search within featured Science On Stamps items
Depicts Justus von Liebig, known for his work in agricultural and organic chemistry.
Stamps depict Niels Bohr, the equation for the Bohr frequency condition (an equation relating to light frequency and electrons), and a diagram of the Bohr model of a hydrogen atom.
Depicts awardees of the 1901 Nobel Prizes: Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen in Physics, Sully Prudhomme in Literature, Emil von Behring in Physiology or Medicine, and Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff in Chemistry.
- Artist Åsberg, Stig, 1909-1968
- Engraver Wallhorn, Arne
- Subject Postmarks, Sully Prudhomme, 1839-1907, Commemorative postage stamps, First day covers (Philately), Postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Hoff, J. H. van 't (Jacobus Henricus), 1852-1911, Röntgen, Wilhelm Conrad, 1845-1923, Cachets (Philately), Science on postage stamps, and Behring, Emil von, 1854-1917
- 1922 – 1936
Nine small postage stamps in various denominations issued in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Louis Pasteur in 1922. The large semipostal stamp was issued in 1936 and includes a surtax for the…
Depicts William Wrigley Jr., as well as a worker tapping a sapodilla tree, which was used to manufacture bubble gum. Includes the bicentennial logo of the American Revolution.
Cachet depicts Frederick Banting and Charles Best with a description of how they isolated and refined insulin as an independent hormone.
- Artist Ray Webber
- Contributor British American Bank Note Company
- Subject Science on postage stamps, Banting, Frederick Grant, Sir, 1891-1941, First day covers (Philately), Physicians, Postage stamps, University of Toronto, Medical scientists, Nobel Prize winners, Canada, Best, Charles Herbert, 1899-1978, Cachets (Philately), and Commemorative postage stamps
Cachet includes two depictions of Lord Rutherford and text, "World Famous Scientist Pioneering in Radioactivity and Nuclear Physics." The research program in the field of radioactivity undertaken by Rutherford at…
Cachet depicts a tree-lined street. On left side of stamp, a patient is shown receiving radium treatments, while a portrait of Marie Curie is depicted on the right.
- Contributor India Posts and Telegraphs
- Printer India Security Press
- Subject Chemists, Science on postage stamps, Women in science, Commemorative postage stamps, Physicists, First day covers (Philately), Postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women chemists, Women scientists, Women physicists, Radium--Therapeutic use, India, Cachets (Philately), Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, Women in physics, and Women in chemistry
Stamp depicts a profile of Marie Curie along with various scientific instruments.
- Artist Lambert, Perrette
- Engraver Pheulpin, Jean
- Subject Chemists, Science on postage stamps, Monaco, Women in science, Commemorative postage stamps, Physicists, Postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women chemists, Women scientists, Women physicists, Women in physics, Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, and Women in chemistry
UNESCO stamp depicting Albert Einstein and his formula for mass-energy equivalence.
English postage stamp commemorating Walter Norman Haworth's 1937 Nobel Prize in Chemistry and the 100th anniversary of the Royal Institute of Chemistry
While celebrating its centenary in 1977, the Royal Institute of Chemistry of Great Britain shared honors with English Nobel prize winners in chemistry and physics. This stamp commemorates W. N. Haworth's receipt of the…
Stamp was issued on the occasion of a Natural Rubber Conference held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in 1968. It depicts a space-filling model of isoprene and a representation of the traditional way of collecting natural…