Close-up view of solid Penton needle and plug valves, as well as Penton pipes and fittings, at the Hercules Powder Company plant located in Parlin, New Jersey. Penton was a Hercules-branded chlorinated polyether used as an ingredient in protective coatings for structural steel and other metals, papers, cardboard, and plastics.
Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) initially specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders and subsequently diversified its business to encompass a variety of industrial products, including pine and paper chemicals, synthetics, pigments, polymers, and cellulose.
|Creator of work|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Penton Valves and Pipes at Hercules Parlin Plant,” September 10, 1960. Photographs from the Records & Ephemera of Hercules Incorporated, Box 2, Folder 24. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/4m90dw26w.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.