General view of Perkin-Elmer Corporation President Chester W. Nimitz, Jr. looking through an optical device at the groundbreaking ceremony for a new company facility in Meriden, Connecticut. The other individuals present in the photograph are identified as follows (left to right): Carter H. White (Vice President, Meriden Industrial Development Commission); Meriden Mayor William T. Shea; and George D. Huff (Perkin-Elmer official).
The Perkin-Elmer Corporation was founded in 1937 by Richard Perkin and Charles Elmer as an optical design and consulting company and later expanded into the manufacture of analytical and astronomical instruments.
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Perkin-Elmer Corporation. “Groundbreaking Ceremony at Perkin-Elmer Facility in Meriden, Connecticut,” circa 1965. Photographs from the Perkin-Elmer-Applera Collection, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/79407z076.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.