View of a portion of the main room at the Dearborn Drug and Chemical Works (later Dearborn Chemical Company) 35th Street laboratory facilities located in Chicago, Illinois. Per notations accompanying the photograph, the desk visible on the right belonged to Chief Chemist William A. Converse. Founded in 1887, the Dearborn Chemical Company was a corporate ancestor of BetzDearborn, Incorporated best known for manufacturing water treatment chemicals for use in boilers, cooling towers, and steam locomotives.
|Creator of work|
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Copyright - United States|
|View in library catalog|
Dearborn Chemical Company. “Dearborn Drug and Chemical Works Laboratory Facility.” Album of Early Dearborn Chemical Company Facilities, 1890s-1905, circa 1905. BetzDearborn, Incorporated Records, Box 18, Volume 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/7h149q829.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsIn the United States
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.