Sculpture of Aesculapius
- Circa 1919
Illustration of a sculpture of Aesculapius in the main entrance of the Lilly Science Building. The sculpture was a copy of a Greek original. Aesculapius (or Asculapius) was the god of medicine in ancient Greek, his staff wrapped with a snake is still used as a symbol for medicine.
|Place of publication|
|Rights||Public Domain Mark 1.0|
|View in library catalog|
Eli Lilly and Company. “Sculpture of Aesculapius.” Hand Book of Pharmacy and Therapeutics. Indianapolis, Indiana, circa 1919. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/8049g621b.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.