General view of Clyde Moe operating an electron microscope in the Dow Chemical Company's Metallurgical Laboratory. Electron microscopes use a beam of accelerated electrons as a source of illumination and have a higher resolving power that, in contrast to light microscopes, can reveal the structure of smaller objects. At Dow, electron microscopes were commonly used for research related to the development of new and improved alloys of magnesium, as well as in the development of new chemicals and compounds.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Electron Microscope in Dow Chemical Company Laboratory,” 1950–1959. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box Oversized Plants 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/d504rk34f.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.