General view of a glass cell used for the preparation of polyamides during the early stages of nylon production and research at the DuPont Experimental Station in Wilmington, Delaware. Predating the autoclave developed by Dr. Edgar W. Spanagel, glass cells such as this one served as a type of reactor used to combine adipic acid and hexamethylediamine in order to form nylon salt.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
“Early Glass Cell for Polyamide Preparation,” April 12, 1935. Joseph X. Labovsky Collection of Nylon Photographs and Ephemera, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/df65v789s.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.