Rectangular tin sign with image of woman dyeing cloth in red dye. Articles of clothing including a stocking and blouse are on a clothesline hung above her head. Yellow text with red outline is embossed.
The Wells Richardson & Company patented, manufactured, and distributed dyes under the name Diamond Dyes in Burlington, Vermont. The company was known for its prolific print marketing strategies, producing colorful chromolithographic trade cards, almanacs, and pamphlet ephemera, especially during the late 19th century. The company, also a food colorant manufacturer and wholesale druggist, began to decline after the 1906 Food and Drug Act. In 1942, the company closed its doors permanently.
|Place of manufacture|
|Rights||Public Domain Mark 1.0|
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.