General view of Melvin Dietzel (kneeling) and Larry Oeffner examining the stock supply of replacement parts in the Dow Chemical Company's Instrument Department. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was responsible for the installation and maintenance of the assorted apparatus necessary to manage the plant's production facilities and processes. The department notably maintained accurate standards for temperatures, voltage, resistance, flow and pressures against which the plant's instruments were regularly calibrated and checked for accuracy.
|Creator of work|
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Copyright - United States|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Replacement Parts in Dow's Instrument Department,” February 24, 1948. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 6, Folder Plants--Instrument Department. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/mk61rh462.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsIn the United States
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.