Group photograph of executives of the Cliffs Dow Chemical Company, a subsidiary of the Dow Chemical Company located in Marquette, Michigan. Several of the individuals are dressed in mining gear and the group is posed before a sign that reads "Defense Area - No Trespassing - Emergency Protective Defense Board." Per a caption in the December 1943 edition of the Dow Diamond, this photograph was taken following a visit to the Cliffs Dow iron ore mine.
Per notations accompanying the photograph, the individuals are identified as follows:
Back row: E.B. Green (left), President of Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company and vice president of Cliffs Dow; C.J. Stakel (right), Cleveland-Cliffs general superintendent of mines.
Front row (left to right): Bill Williams (Consulting Engineer); Brick Dressel (member of the Board of Directors); Wes Jenner (General Manager); E.W. Bennett (Treasurer); and Mark Putnam (President).
|Place of creation|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Cliffs Dow Chemical Company Executives,” September 23, 1943. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 2, Folder Places--Cliffs Dow Chemical Company--Exterior Plant Views. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/p8418n85d.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.