Close-up view of the second continuous spinning machine used during the early stages of nylon production and research at the DuPont Experimental Station in Wilmington, Delaware. This machine notably included a swing-arm windup, a lock feed, and a high-pressure pump designed to help eliminate gas bubbles during the spinning process.
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
“Second Continuous Spinning Machine,” October 2, 1936. Joseph X. Labovsky Collection of Nylon Photographs and Ephemera, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/2514nk53w.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.