Advertisement for resins and chlorinated rubber manufactured and sold by the Hercules Powder Company for use in industrial paint. The advertisement details the varied uses of naval stores past and present, highlighting Hercules' discovery and development of new products and uses. This advertisement appeared in the September and October 1948 issues of Naval Stores Review.
Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) initially specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders and subsequently diversified its business to encompass a variety of industrial products, including pine and paper chemicals, synthetics, pigments, polymers, and cellulose.
|Creator of work|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Then, Less Pain from Back Aches...Now, Longer-Lasting Traffic Paints.” 1948 Hercules Advertisements, 1948. Records of Hercules Incorporated, Volume 1948. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/5138jf819.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.