General view of an unidentified laboratory facility looking toward the supply store from the perspective of the chief's office, with inscriptions indicating the location of offices and work benches associated with various personnel. Notably, the photograph is printed as a postcard, with space reserved on the verso for a message, mailing address, and postage. While the setting of this photograph is unidentified, inscriptions and supporting materials suggest that it many depict a laboratory associated with the U.S. Bureau of Standards. However, there is no contextual information directly linking this photo to the Bureau of Standards, which broadly conducted tests on a variety of physical materials, developed a range of technological standards, and supported the dissemination of scientific and technological information.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
“Laboratory Facility Attributed to U.S. Bureau of Standards,” 1920–1929. Arthur Greenberg Collection of Laboratory Photographs, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/6d56zx429.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.