General view of an unidentified laboratory facility looking toward the chief's office from the perspective of the supply store, with a side view of various offices and work benches. Notably, the photograph is printed as a postcard, with space reserved on the verso for a message, mailing address, and postage. While the setting of this photograph is unidentified, inscriptions and supporting materials suggest that it many depict a laboratory associated with the U.S. Bureau of Standards. However, there is no contextual information directly linking this photo to the Bureau of Standards, which broadly conducted tests on a variety of physical materials, developed a range of technological standards, and supported the dissemination of scientific and technological information.
|View in library catalog|
“Laboratory Facility Attributed to U.S. Bureau of Standards,” 1920–1929. Arthur Greenberg Collection of Laboratory Photographs, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/79407x96w.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.