General view of the machine shop at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Port Ewen, New York, showing employees at work on a variety of machines, including planers, milling machines, and lathes. Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders. During World War II, the company's Port Ewen plant produced a range of special detonators designed for military use.
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Machine Shop at Hercules Port Ewen Plant,” October 1945. Photographs from the Records & Ephemera of Hercules Incorporated, Box 2, Folder 36. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/8k71nh736.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.