General view of the exterior of the experimental research station at the Hercules Powder Company's smokeless-powder plant located In Kenvil, New Jersey. Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders. Hercules took over the Kenvil plant from the Atlantic Giant Powder Company in 1913 and established its research program at Kenvil in 1915. In 1931, research headquarters relocated to a newly-constructed facility in Wilmington, Delaware, while the Kenvil plant continued to manufacture experimental dynamite, smokeless powder, and ballistics.
|Creator of work|
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Experimental Station at Hercules Kenvil Plant,” circa 1915. Photographs from the Records & Ephemera of Hercules Incorporated, Box 1, Folder 45. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/9p290983r.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.