View of Laboratory No. 1 at the Crompton & Knowles Research Center in Gibraltar, Pennsylvania. The photograph shows a typical two-person laboratory set-up for a chemist and technician, including partitioned office space at the outer edge of the laboratory. This laboratory is thought to have been used by Dr. Roderick Horning.
Based in Worcester, Massachusetts, Crompton & Knowles initially specialized in the manufacture of textile machinery and diversified its business with the purchase of the Althouse Chemical Company in 1954. The purchase of Althouse laid the foundation for Crompton & Knowles' manufacture of specialty dyestuffs for a variety of industries and applications, including paper, leather, printing ink, and heat transfer printing establishments, in addition to the textile and garment industry.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
“Laboratory No. 1 at the Crompton & Knowles Research Center,” 1966. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/h128nd69k.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.