View of a chemist in a two-person laboratory module for the synthesis and testing of dyes and chemicals at the Crompton & Knowles Research Center in Gibraltar, Pennsylvania.
Based in Worcester, Massachusetts, Crompton & Knowles initially specialized in the manufacture of textile machinery and diversified its business with the purchase of the Althouse Chemical Company in 1954. The purchase of Althouse laid the foundation for Crompton & Knowles' manufacture of specialty dyestuffs for a variety of industries and applications, including paper, leather, printing ink, and heat transfer printing establishments, in addition to the textile and garment industry.
|Rights||In Copyright - Rights-holder(s) Unlocatable or Unidentifiable|
“Laboratory Module at the Crompton & Knowles Research Center,” 1974. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/dv13zt259.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.