General view of an exhibition display board detailing the use of Plexiglas windows on jet-powered airliners. The board features several photographs of airliners, as well as samples of Douglas DC-8 and Lockheed Electra window panels made from Plexiglas.
The Rohm and Haas Company was founded in 1907 in Esslingen, Germany through the partnership of German chemist Otto Röhm and German businessman Otto Haas. In 1933, Röhm's experiments with the polymerization of methyl methacrylate led to the creation of a clear, solid plastic sheet, which he trademarked Plexiglas. During World War II, the demand for Plexiglas, which both Allied and Axis forces used for submarine periscopes and aircraft windshields, canopies, and gun turrets, helped transform Rohm and Haas into a major chemical firm.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Rohm and Haas Company. “Display Board Featuring Plexiglas Windows for Airliners,” April 22, 1959. Rohm & Haas Company Archives, Box Photos 18, Folder 8. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/hh63sw77j.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.