Page from the Harper's Weekly journal is entitled "How Antitoxines are Developed" and features content and photographic reproductions related to using antitoxins as a treatment for the diphtheria virus. Top photograph is entitled "Inoculating a child with antitoxine" and depicts a child receiving a vaccine. The middle left photograph is entitled "Incubator containing 180 Erlenmeyer flasks" with a caption that describes how the flasks contain various stages of the diphtheria virus. The middle right photograph depicts the Pasteur Institute, where the diphtheria antitoxin was made in New York. The bottom photograph depicts a laboratory where the diphtheria antitoxin is made.
|Place of publication|
|Rights||Public Domain Mark 1.0|
“How Antitoxines Are Developed.” New York, New York: Harper & Brothers, January 5, 1895. Fisher-Pasteur Memorial Collection, Box 2, Folder 19 A & B. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/how8d8o.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.