View of George Garcelon using a portable Beckman pH Meter in the Research Laboratory at the Althouse Chemical Company plant in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Based in Reading, Pennsylvania, the Althouse Chemical Company was founded in 1915 by C. Scott Althouse (1880-1970) as a small, family-owned firm specializing in fabric dyes of a superior quality and class. In 1954, the Crompton & Knowles Corporation of Worcester, Massachusetts acquired Althouse, which continued to operate as a division of Crompton & Knowles and a leader in the specialty dyes industry.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Tenschert, John A. “Portable Beckman PH Meter in Use at Althouse Research Laboratory,” 1951. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/jq085k01r.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.