General view of employees lifting a barrel containing cubed nitrocellulose at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Parlin, New Jersey. Per notations accompanying the photograph, the employees are identified as Charles J. Skuwera (left) and Clem Shernauski (right).
Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) initially specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders and subsequently diversified its business to encompass a variety of industrial products, including pine and paper chemicals, synthetics, pigments, polymers, and cellulose.
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Cubed Nitrocellulose at Hercules Parlin Plant,” 1960. Photographs from the Records & Ephemera of Hercules Incorporated, Box 2, Folder 23. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/jw827c394.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.