Close-up view of assorted valves and pipes at the Hercules Powder Company plant located in Parlin, New Jersey. Per notations accompanying the photograph, these valves and pipes were lined with Penton, a Hercules-branded chlorinated polyether used as an ingredient in protective coatings for structural steel and other metals, papers, cardboard, and plastics.
Formed in 1912 as part of an anti-trust settlement with DuPont, the Hercules Powder Company (later Hercules Inc.) initially specialized in the manufacture of explosives and smokeless powders and subsequently diversified its business to encompass a variety of industrial products, including pine and paper chemicals, synthetics, pigments, polymers, and cellulose.
|View in library catalog|
Hercules Incorporated. “Valves and Pipes at Hercules Parlin Plant,” September 10, 1960. Photographs from the Records & Ephemera of Hercules Incorporated, Box 2, Folder 24. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/pk02cb42m.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.