View of Martin C. Eby, Plant Manager, at the Althouse Chemical Company plant in Reading, Pennsylvania adding a chemical intermediate to a steel autoclave. At right, a barrel of intermediate sits on a portable scale.
Based in Reading, Pennsylvania, the Althouse Chemical Company was founded in 1915 by C. Scott Althouse (1880-1970) as a small, family-owned firm specializing in fabric dyes of a superior quality and class. In 1954, the Crompton & Knowles Corporation of Worcester, Massachusetts acquired Althouse, which continued to operate as a division of Crompton & Knowles and a leader in the specialty dyes industry.
|View in library catalog|
“Addition of Chemical Intermediate at Althouse Chemical Company Plant,” 1946. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/sn009x79d.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.