Exterior of the new Crompton & Knowles Corporation Research Center in Gibraltar, Pennsylvania. The Research Center housed laboratories for research and development in dyes and chemicals for the textile, paper, leather, food, and other chemical process industries.
Based in Worcester, Massachusetts, Crompton & Knowles initially specialized in the manufacture of textile machinery and diversified its business with the purchase of the Althouse Chemical Company in 1954. The purchase of Althouse laid the foundation for Crompton & Knowles' manufacture of specialty dyestuffs for a variety of industries and applications, including paper, leather, printing ink, and heat transfer printing establishments, in addition to the textile and garment industry.
|View in library catalog|
“Exterior of New Crompton & Knowles Research Center,” 1974. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/vq27zn431.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.