View from the galleria of the Rohm & Haas building
- Circa 1964
Black and white artist's rendering of the view from the galleria of the Rohm & Haas home office building located on Independence Mall West in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, including an illustration of nearby Independence Hall.
The Rohm and Haas Company was founded in 1907 in Esslingen, Germany through the partnership of German chemist Otto Röhm and German businessman Otto Haas. In 1933, Röhm's experiments with the polymerization of methyl methacrylate led to the creation of a clear, solid plastic sheet, which he trademarked Plexiglas. During World War II, the demand for Plexiglas, which both Allied and Axis forces used for submarine periscopes and aircraft windshields, canopies, and gun turrets, helped transform Rohm and Haas into a major chemical firm.
|Creator of work|
|Place of creation|
|Rights||No Known Copyright|
|View in library catalog|
Rohm and Haas Company. “View from the Galleria of the Rohm & Haas Building,” circa 1964. Rohm & Haas Company Archives, Box Photos 2, Folder 14. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/z1nt2k1.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.
RightsNo Known Copyright
Download selected image
Previous image shift + or , Next image shift + or . Pan image Zoom in + or shift + Zoom out - or shift + Zoom to fit 0 Close viewer esc Also
Mouse click to zoom in; shift-click to zoom out. Drag to pan. Pinch to zoom on touch.