General view of unidentified employees at work in the machine tabulating room at the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan. Per an article in the December 16, 1947 edition of The Brine Well, the Tabulating Department leased fifty-two machines from IBM to automatically transcribe, reproduce, and calculate data for a range of uses, including inventory control, material distribution, personnel records and statistics, payroll, sales analysis, and product usage.
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Machine Tabulating Room at Dow Chemical Company,” December 16, 1947. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 10, Folder Plants--Tabulating Department. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/0k225c04w.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.