Close-up view of IBM Corporation customer engineer Neil Grover servicing the electrical relays on an alphabetic tabulator in the Tabulating Department at the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan. Per an article in the December 16, 1947 edition of The Brine Well, the Tabulating Department leased fifty-two machines from IBM to automatically transcribe, reproduce, and calculate data for a range of uses, including inventory control, material distribution, personnel records and statistics, payroll, sales analysis, and product usage.
|Place of creation|
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Dow Chemical Company. “Alphabetic Tabulator in Use at Dow Tabulating Department,” December 16, 1947. Dow Chemical Company Historical Image Collection, Box 10, Folder Plants--Tabulating Department. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/p2676w57z.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.