Employees Matt Quigley (left) and Tom Balchin (right) holding a copy of the "Crompton & Knowles Computer Fashion Shades" catalog. This photograph was taken at the Crompton & Knowles Customer Service Laboratory in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Based in Worcester, Massachusetts, Crompton & Knowles initially specialized in the manufacture of textile machinery and diversified its business with the purchase of the Althouse Chemical Company in 1954. The purchase of Althouse laid the foundation for Crompton & Knowles' manufacture of specialty dyestuffs for a variety of industries and applications, including paper, leather, printing ink, and heat transfer printing establishments, in addition to the textile and garment industry.
|View in library catalog|
“Crompton & Knowles Computer Fashion Shades,” circa 1970. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/2514nk52m.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.