View of James Feeman (left) and George Garcelon (right) operating assorted equipment for the application of dyestuffs. This photograph was taken at the Althouse Chemical Company Customer Service and Quality Control Laboratory in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Based in Reading, Pennsylvania, the Althouse Chemical Company was founded in 1915 by C. Scott Althouse (1880-1970) as a small, family-owned firm specializing in fabric dyes of a superior quality and class. In 1954, the Crompton & Knowles Corporation of Worcester, Massachusetts acquired Althouse, which continued to operate as a division of Crompton & Knowles and a leader in the specialty dyes industry.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
“Dyeing Equipment in Use at Althouse Customer Service Laboratory,” circa 1951. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/9c67wm87q.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.