View of the double conical blenders at the Althouse Chemical Company manufacturing plant located in Reading, Pennsylvania. Employees Howard Myers (left) and Warren Kalbach are seen filling drums with dye powder from the double conical blenders positioned above their heads for transport to shipping or storage facilities.
Based in Reading, Pennsylvania, the Althouse Chemical Company was founded in 1915 by C. Scott Althouse (1880-1970) as a small, family-owned firm specializing in fabric dyes of a superior quality and class. In 1954, the Crompton & Knowles Corporation of Worcester, Massachusetts acquired Althouse, which continued to operate as a division of Crompton & Knowles and a leader in the specialty dyes industry.
|Original file type||TIFF|
|View in library catalog|
Tenschert, John A. “Double Conical Blenders at Althouse Chemical Company Plant,” 1946. Photographs from the Records of the Althouse, Bates, and Crompton Chemical Companies, Box 1. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/k930bx013.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.