General view of the machine shop at the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Fertilizer Machinery Laboratory located at the Arlington Experimental Farm in Rosslyn [Arlington], Virginia. Established by an act of Congress in April 1900, Arlington Farm served as the main field laboratory for the Bureau of Soils, U.S. Department of Agriculture, until 1941. Assorted machinery and apparatus visible in the photograph include: lathes; milling machine; drill presses; tool grinder; power saw; air compressor; sheet metal squaring shears; air-pressure paint spraying unit; and a circular saw.
|View in library catalog|
“Machine Shop at the Fertilizer Machinery Laboratory,” 1935. Travis P. Hignett Collection of Fixed Nitrogen Research Laboratory Photographs, Box 4. Science History Institute. Philadelphia. https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/mc87pq263.
This citation is automatically generated and may contain errors.